Risk Assessment and Hazards identification are fundamental parts of HSE; both of them are crucially required for creating a safe workplace environment. From the other side we can identify lack of knowledge on the subject, as well on different types of Risk Assessment, the difference between strategic and operational Risk Assessment, calculation of the potential damage and hidden costs, influence on public image and reputation of the company. Even simple actions on the workplace like designing and conducting of Risk Assessment are still need to be significantly improved. Improvement as well required for operations involving changes in processes and implementation appropriate system for Risk control (MOC – management of changes). And in case if we have a risk assessment , to define if such format is appropriate and sufficient, and whether we are aware of the major errors in the implementation practice of risk assessment in the company. What is the difference between the requirements of safety and occupational Risk Assessment of risk assessment in the workplace and in the whole system?
- Our mission is to promote on the Polish market new approach to the process of Risk Assessment.
The goal of training
- Support and enforce the competence s of the participants in the different types of Risk Assessment such as TRA, JHA, JSA, LMRA, HAZID, HAZOPS, Fault Tree Analyses, etc.
- Presentation and actualization for the skill of hazard identification by the methods PEME, ABBI, FIAT.
- The use of control methods as ERICPD, VICES, TILE, etc.
- Adjustment of the Risk Assessment methods for the industry and the type of activities of the participants involved.
- Understanding the major faults in the performance of qualitative and quantitative risk assessments; acceptable risk vs. tolerable risk.
- Practical training and exercise.
The training is divided into panels; each panel describes analysis of the most important issues in the proposed thematic area.
We will focus your attention primarily on a comprehensive approach to the management of risk assessment, moreover, analyze practical elements
Basic topics of training/workshop on risk assessment
What is Risk Assessment?
Lecturer leads a discussion on risk assessment, work in groups. Practical examples from workplaces in various sectors.
Different types of Risk Assessment (PHA, TRA, JSA, HAZID, LMRA, Fault Tree, etc).
The discussion aims to support participants with practical skills of risk assessment in the workplace. Where to use Risk Assessment and who needs to be involved.
Basic steps of Risk Assessment (practical exercises).
Reducing the risk by ERICPD, TILE, VICES methods.
1. The practical application of the topics discussed in the course.
2. A holistic approach to the management hierarchy and control risks.
3. Analysis of the causes of the incident (work in small groups).
4. Lessons learned and best practices.
5. Error analysis after exercise.
Methods of conducting the training
- Workshop, interactive form of classes.
- Lecture, discussion, practical exercises, discussion of case studies based on real problems and events with the use of practical examples. Classic formula of the lecture skillfully combined with elements of the workshop on particular issues of the subject. Participants are involved to ask questions, discussion and exchange of views.