NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC/IG) - New Syllabus
- Streamlined syllabus
- Greater emphasis on risk management
- Reflect the needs of today’s workplaces
- New course naming from “IGC” to “IG”
- Single question paper in order to assess what you know and single practical risk assessment to assess what you can do (two assessments in total)
- 11 Elements of syllabus instead of 13
It’s an answer for what business needed. Today’s refreshed qualification better reflects what managers, supervisors or H&S specialists need to know and need to do in terms of protecting people and profits.
NEW HSE will launch provision of NEW IG course from February 2020.
What about current IGC examinations?
The final assessment date for the current IGC qualifications established by NEBOSH is 31 March 2022. If a learner will not complete the old three IGC units by this date, they will need to take all of the IG assessments if they still wish to achieve the qualification.